Tuesday, October 25, 2011

At Home Mom Blues

So lately I've been feeling an EXTREME amount of guilt for how hard Travis has been working so that I can be home with my kids. We both prayed and felt that my being home was the right thing for us to do. I was very unhappy at my job and because the pay wasn't that great, almost my entire check went to daycare. Yesterday Travis went into work at 3 a.m. and he didn't get home until work8 p.m. He was so tired and I felt horrible. He got a promotion at work so he's actually having to put in A LOT of overtime to keep up with all of his work and he also has his second job. Along with his promotion his boss would really 'like' him to go back to school and get his degree. How is one man supposed to do all that and keep up with his two children who worship the ground he walks on and be my husband. So I'm determined that I need to find a way to make money from home. Realistically, if I were to go back to the work force it would have to be a KILLER job with killer pay and that's just not likely. This is my busiest time of year for the wood crafts I make and sell for Christmas money, but I have been strictly forbidden to run the saw when Travis isn't home (so never) and I really need to get started on my booth for a two day boutique I have next month. To say that I am feeling overwhelmed right now is an understatement and I can't imagine how Travis is feeling with all of the responsibility that he has. So if all of you could keep our little family in your prayers that would be so appreciated because right now we really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment